Counselling is a type of talking therapy that allows a person to talk about their problems and feelings in a confidential and dependable environment. Our counsellors are trained to listen with empathy (by putting themselves in your shoes). They can help you deal with any negative thoughts and feelings you have.
We can deliver sessions over the telephone or face to face, either in your GP practice (subject to availability) or one of our own venues.
Sessions usually last up to 1 hour and are generally offered weekly or fortnightly
Counselling is generally a short - mid term intervention and lasts around 6-8 weeks
- May help you cope with a bereavement or relationship breakdown
- cope with redundancy or work-related stress
- explore issues such as sexual identity
- deal with issues preventing you achieving your ambitions
- deal with feelings of depression or sadness, and have a more positive outlook on life
- deal with feelings of anxiety helping you worry less about things
- understand yourself and your problems better
- feel more confident
- develop a better understanding of other people's points of view