What is involved?
Anger Management aims to support individuals to make changes in their daily life whilst encouraging different views thus preventing deterioration of an individual’s aggressive difficulties, mental health and future prospects.
- What is anger? Three parts of anger (how you think, feel and behave)
- Physiological responses to anger
- Passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Beginning, middle and end of anger
- Broadening your thinking
- Self-talk/changing the way you think
- Developing techniques – dealing with others who are angry.
- Criticisms and insults – how to deal with them.
- Listening/communication skills within the family
- Expressing self assertively
- New behaviours/relaxation – family time
Who is this aimed at?
Individuals and groups of adults where anger issues are impacting on their lives and the lives of people around them. This programme is delivered over 6 weeks with sessions that last for 2 hours. It can be adapted to meet the needs of the group. The participants are provided with information packs which include relaxation DVDs, homework diaries and worksheets which are given out on a weekly basis and reviewed at the start of each session.
If you are interested in this course then please contact us at email@example.com